The Corporation was established in 1948 is pioneer builder of Gandhidham - Adipur township on land of 2600 acres of Kutch District near Kandla Port
leased by the Government of India for resettlement of displaced persons from West Pakistan, who were initially hesitant to come and settle in this barren land and arid region in the absence of proper facilities. Gandhiji gave his blessings and at his instance, The Maharao of Kutch made a grant of some land for the purpose of building new township. On account of sudden death of Mahatma Gandhi, his holy Asthi was brought to Kutch by Acharya Kriplani, Yuvraj of Kutch, Bhai Pratap Dialdas and other prominent leaders of Sind and Kutch on the 12th February, 1948 and immersion ceremony was performed at Kandla creak and that day was the inauguration and foundation day of "GANDHIDHAM". To create new township of Gandhidham a company was constituted which is called "The Sindhu Resettlement Corporation Ltd".
To resettle and rehabilitate the displaced persons who migrated from West Pakistan after partition of the country. Promotion of Housing Societies, construction of Power House, extension of Gandhidham Municpal and town planning functions, setting up of educational institutions, hospitals, etc. were the few objects to accomplish.
- Modern Township ADIPUR-GANDHDIHAM in 2600 acres.
- 10000 Residential, Commercial and Industrial Plots
- Roads, Underground Drainage, Water supply lines.
- “SINDHU BAUGH” Beautiful Park in Ward 7 at Gandhidham.
- Four Lane Road, Rajendra Marg at Adipur.
- Gandhidham-Adipur Service Road along North of Tagore Road.
- 150 Acres of land to Educational Institutions, Health Centres and Community Centres.
- 80 acres of land to Municipality for public recreation parks & playgrounds.
- 60 acres of land to Government/Semi Government bodies for various purposes.
- 520 plots (12 Acres) to Sadhu Vaswani Mission, Pune, Dubai Textile Merchant Charitable Trust, Social Service Circle and Gandhidham Jain Sewa Samiti for construction of houses for earthquake victims in 2001.
- 73 Acres land kept earmarked for Gujarat Slum Clearance Board for Slum Dwellers.
- Major Works like first Three Cargo Berths at Kandla, Tapar Dam, Nakti Bridge, Gandhidham Railway Station.
- 5970 Houses for poor and middle class people.
- 1140 Shops for business purpose at a very economical rate.
- 62 pucca stalls (shops) at Rajendra Marg in Adipur and allotted to Cabin holders.
- Gandhi Samadhi.
- Adisar Talav, renamed as “BHAI PRATAP SMARAK (SADH BELO)”.
- Bhai Pratap Samadhi (Nut Mandir), renamed as “Bhai Pratap Ghat” at Adipur.